Mobil Velocite 3 is a premium performance product primarily designed for the lubrication of high-speed spindles in machine tools. It is also used in some critical hydraulic, circulation systems and air line oilers where the appropriate viscosity grade is selected.
Good Oxidation Resistance:
Mobil Velocite 3 is formulated from select high-quality, low viscosity base oils and additives that impart good resistance to oxidation and protection from rust and corrosion. It possesses very good resistance to foaming and separates readily from water. It also has the following benefits:
Very Good Rust and Corrosion Protection:
- Helps reduce critical deposit formation and improves oil life
Effective Water Separation:
- Improves equipment life and provides increased precision long-term
- Resists emulsion formation, keeps moisture out of critical lubrication areas, and allows easy removal of moisture from system reservoirs
- High speed spindle bearings in machine tools and equipment where high speeds and fine clearances are involved
- Precision grinders, lathes, jig borers and tracer mechanisms
- Mobil Velocite 3 is recommended for zero clearance type spindle bearings which operate with extremely close clearances
- For sleeve type spindle bearings having greater clearances, the choice of viscosity depends on the relation between clearance and spindle speed
- Low pressure hydraulic systems where appropriate viscosity is selected
- For some sensitive instruments such as telescopes, laboratory equipment, etc.
Product Data Sheet
Safety Data Sheet