- Industrial & Manufacturing LubricantsAutomotive & Fleet LubricantsAviation LubricantsGreasesCoatingsAdditional Maintenance SuppliesEquipment
Hydraulic Systems provide the force which drives movement in industrial machinery and aids in the transfer of power. Hydraulic Oils lubricate the machine's hydraulic components, provide protection, and ensure this transmission of power takes place.
Hydraulic oil cannot be compressed beyond a certain point and therefore the pressure applied to the fluid in an enclosed space causes a multiplication of force able to withstand enormous amounts of weight. This generated force is capable of moving the mechanical arms of a backhoe or powering a forklift.
Although the concept of hydraulic systems is very basic, the type of hydraulic fluid needed is not always clear. Hydraulic Systems operate in varying climates and conditions requiring very specific fluids in order to maintain proper operation and extend system life. Explore PSC's categories of Hydraulic Oils to help better determine the correct hydraulic fluid for your application.
If you're pressed for more info on hydraulics, you just might find these posts from our blog to be of interest:
- What’s a High Viscosity Index Hydraulic (HVI) Oil?
- The Power of Fluids: The Unique Properties of Hydraulic Oils
- The Circulatory System: The Hydraulics of the Human Heart
- The Fascinating Relationship Between Hydraulic Systems and Spiders