The Sheboygan Paint Company was founded in 1921 to produce varnish for the wooden chair manufacturing industry. The company, located in Sheboygan, Wisconsin has remained family owned and has grown steadily over the years. Growth has been achieved through the development and adaptation of new coatings technologies. A second manufacturing plant in Cedartown, Georgia was built in 1984. Growth has also come through merger and acquisition. In 2003, Sentry Paint was acquired to improve Sheboygan Paint's service to the East coast.