Chemcoat, Inc. was founded in the late 1800’s as Globe Paint Works and was originally located in Brooklyn, New York. In the early 1900’s, the manufacturing plant was moved to Williampsort, PA and in 1903, the company became chartered. In 1950, the business was moved from Market Street in Williamsport to its current location in nearby Montoursville, PA.
Originally, Globe Paint Works manufactured house paints, shop primers and supplied painting supplies. In 1968, as the company produced an increasing variety of products to meet customer demand, the name was changed to Chemcoat, Inc. to better reflect the broadening scope of the business operations and services. Prior to the invention of electronic flash cameras, Chemcoat, Inc. supplied 95% of the protective coatings used in the manufacture of flash bulbs and cubes, shipping the products worldwide to manufacturers in the United States, Canada, England, Ireland, Belgium and Japan.
Additionally, Chemcoat, Inc. has been involved in the development of special coatings used in the United States Postal Service Long Life Vehicle Program. Chemcoat, Inc. has been one of the industry leaders for dip coatings in the steel joist industry since 1968.
In December, 2010, James McC O’ Brien passed away. At that time, his wife, Kathleen D. O’Brien became the CEO of the company.
To this day, the company continues to ship our products to customers throughout North America, Europe, and the Far East. Chemcoat, Inc. is certified to ISO 9001:2015.
Click on a Product Image Below for More Information ▼