Mobil SHC 630 | 55 Gallon Drum
Mobil / 110844
Mobil SHC 630, 55 gallon drum is an exceptional performance gear and bearing oil designed to provide outstanding service in terms of equipment protection, oil life and problem-free operation helping to enable increased customer productivity. Mobil SHC 630, 55 gallon drum features excellent low temperature properties, as well as improved air release performance in the lower viscosity grades. This product is resistant to mechanical shear, even in heavily loaded gear and high shear bearing applications, so that there is virtually no loss of viscosity. It also has the following benefits:
Superb high temperature thermal/oxidation resistance: Helps extend equipment high temperature operating capability. Long oil life, helps reduce maintenance costs. Helps minimize deposits to enable trouble-free operation and long filter life.
High Viscosity Index and absence of wax: Maintains viscosity and film thickness at high temperatures. Helps enable exceptional low temperature performance, including start-up.
Low traction coefficient: Helps reduce friction and increase efficiency in sliding mechanisms such as gearing, with potential for reduced power consumption and lower steady-state operating temperatures. Helps minimize the effects of micro slip in rolling contact bearings to potentially extend rolling-element life.
High load carrying capability: Helps protects equipment and extends life; helps minimize unexpected downtime and extends service periods.
Balanced additive combination: Provides excellent performance in terms of rust and corrosion prevention, water separability, foam control and air release performance enabling problem-free operation in a wide range of industrial applications, and reduced operating costs
Mobil SHC 630 synthetic gear oil is compatible with most NBR, FKM and most other elastomeric seal materials that are used with mineral oils. There is the potential for substantial variations in the elastomers. For best results, consult your equipment supplier, seal manufacturer, or your local company representative to verify compatibility.
Specific applications require selection of the appropriate viscosity grade and include:
- Filled for life gearboxes, especially high ratio/ low-efficiency worm gears
- Remotely located gearboxes, where oil change-out is difficult
- Low temperature applications, such as ski lifts where seasonal oil changes can be avoided
- Mixer roll bearings and roll neck bearings where high temperatures are encountered
- Plastic calendars
- Severe centrifuge applications, including marine centrifuges
- Railroad A/C Traction Drives
- Suitable for Oil Flooded Rotary Screw Compressors compressing natural gas, field gas gathering, CO2 and other process gasses used in the natural gas industry
- Approved by Siemens AG for use in Flender gearboxes