Tectyl 155FF Black | 54 Gallon Drum
Tectyl / 3249044
Tectyl 155FF Black, 54 Gal. drum, is a firm film, solvent cutback, thixotropic corrosion preventive compound designed for excellent protection of ferrous metal against the formation of rust. It is recommended for applications where a firm film coating with weathering is required.
Surface PreparationThe maximum performance of this product can be achieved only when the metal surfaces to be protected are clean, dry and free of rust, oil and mill scale.
This product is formulated to be used as supplied.
✓ - Ensure uniform consistency prior to use.
✓ - Continued stirring is generally not required.
✓ - If product thickens, contact Daubert Chemical Company.*
✓ - Ambient/product temp at time of application: 50 - 95F.**
✓ - This product can be airless spray applied.
✓ - DO NOT THIN.
✓ - DO NOT FREEZE.
- Coating can be removed with Tectyl HPS solvent-borne thinner, vapor degreasing, hot alkaline wash, or low pressure steam.
- It can be removed from fabrics by normal dry cleaning procedures.
- Avoid the use of chlorinated or highly aromatic solvents when removing from painted surfaces, as these solvents may adversely affect paint.
- Store product at temperatures between 50-95F (10-35C).
- Mild agitation is recommended prior to use.
CAUTION: Adequate ventilation is required for cure and to ensure against formation of a combustible liquid. The partially cured film should not be exposed to ignition sources such as flares, flames, sparks, excessive heat, or torches. Refer to Daubert's Safety Data Sheet for additional handling and first aid information.
NOTE:The addition of any product over or under this coating is not recommended. The use of additional coatings could result in chemical incompatibility, thus adversely affecting the performance of this coating as stated in the lab data section. If a product other than Daubert Chemical Company's recommended product is required, written authorization must be obtained from Daubert Chemical Company, Inc.
*This may occur due to cold storage or loss of solvent during use
**Or, 10 - 35C according to Daubert Chemical Company recommendations.