Tectyl 859B, 1 Pt. can, is a contact and volatile corrosion inhibiting compound intended for use as a preservative/additive for enclosed systems where volatile components provide protection above the oil level. This product can be used as a contact preservative and it conforms to Military Specification MIL-PRF-46002D, Grade 1.
Surface Preparation:The maximum performance of this product can be achieved only when the metal surfaces to be protected are clean, dry, and free of rust, oil, and mill scale. Daubert Chemical Company recommends that the metal substrate temperature be 50 - 95F (10 - 35C) at the time of product application.
This product is formulated to be used as supplied.
- Ensure uniform consistency prior to use.
- Continued stirring is generally not required.
- If product thickens, contact Daubert Chemical Company.*
- Ambient/product temp at time of application: 50 - 95F.**
- This product can be spray or flush applied.
- This product may be added to enclosures.
- Min. 5 fl. oz. product per cubic foot of vapor space.***
- Not intended for use as an operational preservative oil.
- Not to be used in systems with rubber components.
- Maintain adequate reservoir of oil for vapor protection.
- DO NOT THIN.
- Coating can be removed with Tectyl HPS solvent-borne thinner, vapor degreasing, or low pressure steam.
- It can be removed from fabrics by normal dry cleaning procedures.
- Avoid the use of chlorinated or highly aromatic solvents when removing from painted surfaces, as these solvents may adversely affect paint.
- Store product at temperatures between 50-95F (10-35C).
- Mild agitation is recommended prior to use.
CAUTION: Adequate ventilation is required for cure and to ensure against formation of a combustible liquid. The partially cured film should not be exposed to ignition sources such as flares, flames, sparks, excessive heat, or torches. Refer to Daubert's Safety Data Sheet for additional handling and first aid information.
NOTE:The addition of any product over or under this coating is not recommended. The use of additional coatings could result in chemical incompatibility, thus adversely affecting the performance of this coating as stated in the lab data section. If a product other than Daubert Chemical Company's recommended product is required, written authorization must be obtained from Daubert Chemical Company, Inc.
* This may occur due to cold storage or loss of solvent during use
** Or, 10 - 35C according to Daubert Chemical Company recommendations.
*** Or, five litres for each cubic meter of vapor space.