Mobil 600W Super Cylinder Oil
Mobilgear 600W Super Cylinder Oil is a highly viscous mineral based lubricant that is intended for use in Worm Gear boxes and heavily loaded, slow moving bearing applications. These Cylinder Oils are a line of Mobil Lubricants that were originally developed for the lubrication of steam cylinders on steam engine due to their high temperature protection as well as their lubrication ability in heavy water applications. Now they are mainly used in worm gear applications that see heavy loads as well as a lot of sliding action across the gear face. They also do not contain EP additives that can have detrimental effects in worm gear drives due the the bull gear being made from copper alloys. 600W Super represents the thickness of the oil which is an International Standards Organization Viscosity Grade (ISO VG) 460. It is also considered an American Gear Manufacturers Association, AGMA 7 Comp.
If you want to learn more about these types of lubricants, click on our articles below.
- What is a Compounded Gear Oil Video
- Understanding Industrial Gear Lubricants
- Understanding Types of Lubricants: Base Oil Groups
- Quality Base Oils: The Foundation of a Great Lubricant
- What is Oil Viscosity? | A Complete Guide
- What does the ISO VG number of a lubricant mean?
- Comparative Viscosity Chart