Mobil Pegasus™ 1, 5 gallon pail, is an SAE 15W40 synthetic gas engine oil designed to improve engine and oil life, reduce maintenance costs, and lower fuel costs in a wide range of high-output gas engines.
Features and Benefits
- Balanced Synthetic Formulation - Extended drain intervals and improved engine life, longer filter life potential, and cleaner engines.
- Outstanding Oxidation and Thermal Stability - Reduced levels of ring land and ring groove carbon, improved valve guide performance, and lower levels of carbon/coking deposits.
- Excellent High and Low Temperature Performance - Effective lubrication under cold startup conditions, easier engine cranking at low temperatures, and improved engine protection under high temperature conditions.
- Naturally High Viscosity Index - Wide temperature performance.
- Low Volatility - Reduced oil consumption and reduced deposit formation in critical engine areas.
- Excellent Anti-Wear and Anti-Scuff Protection - Resists wear and scuffing of liners and pistons, particularly in high BMEP engines.
- Low Traction Coefficient - Potential for lower fuel costs, improved engine power, and easier starting.
- Gas engine models requiring a nominal 0.5% ash gas engine oil.
- High-speed, four-cycle turbocharged gas engines.
- Naturally aspirated gas engines.
- Gas engines using alternative energy sources for fuel gas containing up to 0.3% sulfur as hydrogen sulfide.
- Excellent lubricant for stoichiometric and lean-burn designs.
- Cogeneration and ebullient cooled applications (due to wide temperature range capabilities).
- Compatible with all seals commonly used in gas engines and with minerals oils but admixture with mineral oils will lower performance benefits.
Specifications and Builder Approvals
- MB 226.9
- MAN: M 3271-1
- MAN: M 3271-2
- MWM GmbH TR 0199-99-2105, Lube Oils for Gas Engines
- WAUKESHA: COGENERATION
- WAUKESA: 12V / 18V 220 GL Applications
- VOLVO: CNG FUELED BUS ENGINES
- WARTSILA NSD: W25SG