Mobil Vactra Oil No. 2 | 55 Gallon Drum
Mobil / 101063
Mobil Vactra Oil No. 2, 55 gallon drum is a premium-quality slideway lubricants specifically designed to meet the requirements for accuracy, aqueous coolant separability, and equipment protection of precision machine tools. The unique additive package provides exceptional frictional properties on a wide variety of way materials, including steel on steel and steel on polymer, reducing stick-slip and chatter. This allows smooth, uniform motion at design travel speeds enhancing machine productivity and accuracy helping to prolong tool life and enhance surface finish. It has been optimized to provide separability from many aqueous coolants while minimizing the corrosive effects of high pH coolants on lubricated surfaces. It also has the following benefits:
Controlled Frictional Characteristics: Helps eliminate stick slip; allows consistently accurate machining.
Multi-material Capabilities: Suitable for a wide range of way material combinations allowing for product consolidation.
Water and Aqueous Coolant Separability: Helps improve the life and performance of many aqueous coolants.
Adhesiveness: Prevents removal of lubricant from critical surfaces.
Long Term Rust and Corrosion Protection: Helps reduce the deterioration of sliding surfaces in the presence of water and aqueous coolants.
- Suitable for use in applications that require Cincinnati Machine specifications P53, P47, and P50
- Mobil vactra 2 way oil is recommended for horizontal slideways on small to medium size machine tools
- Suitable for circulating application in large machines and as a moderate duty hydraulic fluid
- Lubrication of ball screws, linear guides, headstocks, translating screws
- Applications where oil contamination of the aqueous coolants shortens coolant batch life